Is Hurricane Lee Covered? You need to ask your agent!Nicholas Springer
While coverage and exclusions vary policy-to-policy, the disasters covered by homeowners policies, according to the Triple-I, generally include:
- Fire or lightning
- Windstorm or hail
- Riot or civil commotion
- Damage caused by aircraft
- Damage caused by vehicles,
- Vandalism or malicious mischief
- Volcanic eruptions
- Falling objects
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam from within a plumbing, heating, air conditioning or fire-protective sprinkler system or household appliance
- Sudden and accidental tearing apart, burning or bulging of a steam or hot water heating system, an air conditioning or automatic fire-protective system
- Freezing of a plumbing, heating, air conditioning or automatic, fire-protective sprinkler system, or of a household appliance.
Exclusions from these policies usually include damage from floods, earthquakes, maintenance damage and sewer backup.NOTE: this may not reflect what is in your actual policy. Please contact your agent for details.